About the Bupa Challenge Tour
The Bupa Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser is the Santos Tour Down Under's annual mass-participation ride.
On Friday 19 January 2018, Bupa Challenge Tour riders will tackle the Bupa Stage Four route just hours before the professionals.
Bupa Challenge Tour participants are provided with an exclusive Bupa Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser jersey to wear during the ride, a timing chip and unique rider ID number, as well as full mechanical and medical support during the ride.
There are multiple start locations each year along the route, providing various challenges. Each year, cyclists are encouraged to tackle the ride that's right for them.
The 2018 Ride Guide is available from our Ride Guide & FAQ page.
Registrations are now closed.
Your entry fee includes:
- Official Bupa Challenge Tour event jersey (must be worn on event day)
- Option to ‘Ride for a Reason’ to raise money for Cancer Council SA
- Identification and timing chip for all participants, and your time recorded and published
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish
- Lunch on arrival at the finish location in the post-event paddock
- Massage and medical support
- Refreshment stations along the route
- Photographer along the route ready to take your action shots (images can be purchased after the event)
- Mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support
What you need to participate :
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian standard approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump and puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items.
Please note: any registrations for the Bupa Challenge Tour received after 5pm ACDT 11 January 2018 will not have their names included in the commemorative wrap that will be produced by The Advertiser.